Novell med språkövningar
Agnes von Krusenstjerna
- Listen to the short story and practise your hearing comprehension.
- Read the full short story in its original format, complemented with explanations for archaic words and phrases. Test your reading comprehension.
- Expand your vocabulary parallel to reading and work with relevant and communicative vocabulary exercises.
- Re-tell the plot with the help of linguistic tools, and discuss the topics and questions that the short story brings up.
- Explore Swedish cultural heritage and literature.
Each short story is complemented with an audio recording that is accessible through our website.Varje novell är inspelad som ljudfil, och du kan lyssna direkt härifrån medan du läser.
Archaic words and expressions are explained in the margin. Test your reading comprehension on, between and beyond the lines.
Questions on the content and its message gives you and your classmates the opportunity to learn more about each other’s view of the short story.
Learn new words
A complementary vocabulary list including verb conjugations and pronunciation guidance is placed next to the text you are reading. The lists are followed by vocabulary exercises to complete in writing and orally.
Get a guided introduction to Swedish literary classics and learn more about Swedish history and society.
Lysande litteratur is made by teachers for teachers, meaning all material is ready to be used in the classroom. Spend minimal time on planning and preparing, and focus instead on teaching and communicating with your students.
The short story is selected to suit learners of levels B2-C2 (CEFR) or the advanced levels of adult education programmes (SAS 2/3) and exercises are developed accordingly.
The set-up of reading material and exercises are designed according to how our students use literary fiction as a tool for vocabulary acquisition. For example, many learners benefit from keeping vocabulary lists next to the original text as reference when reading.