LYS accepts completed book manuscripts and clearly defined book proposals within the subject fields and genres specified below. Please also take our reader profile into account. Manuscripts should be emailed to email@example.com in .doc or .pdf format or as a link to Google Docs.
We are interested to hear about your expertise in linguistics, culture or language learning, or your personal experiences of living in different countries, being subject to culture shock or learning a new language.
Subject field: Swede
- Swedish language
- Swedish culture
- International in Sweden
- Working in Sweden
Subject field: general
- Place and identity
- Intercultural Communication
- Culture shock
- Course literature
- Guides and hand-book
- Literary fiction and biographies
- Qualified international professionals in Sweden
- Swedish learners (adults)
- Swedish teachers
- Swedes who are curious about their own culture
- International readers with an interest in migration, travelling and place and identity
What languages do you consider?
What is a good manuscript?
- Relevance. Does it match our requirements in terms of subject fields and genres.
- Relevant structure.
- Quality of language.
- Sales potential.
- Differentiation from similar titles.