Working in Sweden
The A–Z Guide
Anne Pihl & Sofi Tegsveden Deveaux
Sale! We’re working on a new edition and want to clear out all remaining copies.
Are you new in Sweden or considering moving to this Nordic country? This practical guide is designed to help you smoothly navigate working life in Sweden. It is the book that has been missing to help bridge the cultural and language divide, explaining what you need to know what you can expect at Swedish workplaces.
- Boost your professional confidence by familiarising yourself with Swedish business & social etiquette.
- Learn about Swedish holidays and traditions and the impact they have on the business calendar.
- Discover the underlying values which shape Swedish society and form the basis of unwritten codes and communication.
- Fast forward your adaptation to your new working environment by learning about local habits.
- Know your rights and responsibilities as an employee and learn what organisations and public authorities can assist you.
In a simple A-Z format, this handbook is essential reading for your first year in Sweden.
She now works as a relocation consultant and workshop facilitator in intercultural communication. She coaches her clients to settle in Sweden, based on her personal experiences.
Anne is the co-author of Working in Sweden.
August 3, 2018, Anne and Sofi took part of the mornings news and talk show Nyhetsmorgon at TV4.
Said about the book
There is plenty of information, but it has also been written with a lot of humour.
Entertaining and important reading.