Working in Sweden | NEW EDITION
The A–Z Guide / NEW EDITION
Anne Pihl & Sofi Tegsveden Deveaux
Are you new in Sweden or considering moving to this Nordic country? This practical guide is designed to help you smoothly navigate working life in Sweden. It is the book that has been missing to help bridge the cultural and language divide, explaining what you need to know what you can expect at Swedish workplaces.
- Boost your professional confidence by familiarising yourself with Swedish business & social etiquette.
- Learn about Swedish holidays and traditions and the impact they have on the business calendar.
- Discover the underlying values which shape Swedish society and form the basis of unwritten codes and communication.
- Fast forward your adaptation to your new working environment by learning about local habits.
- Know your rights and responsibilities as an employee and learn what organisations and public authorities can assist you.
In a simple A-Z format, this handbook is essential reading for your first year in Sweden.
Born and raised in Ireland, Anne moved to Stockholm in 1998 with her Swedish husband and newborn daughter.
She currently works as a relocation consultant and offers workshops in intercultural communication. She helps her clients find their way in Sweden, partially based on her own experiences as a newcomer.
Sofi Tegsveeden Deveaux
Sofi, a native Swede, is an experienced teacher of Swedish as a second language as well as a publisher and public speaker specializing in Swedish culture and cultural awareness.
Sofi and Anne Pihl co-authored Working in Sweden: The A-Z Guide and Jobba i Sverige. Sofi is also the editor of Six weeks holiday: True stories about the myths and realities of working in Sweden and author of Handbok i välkomnande svenska: Prata med dina utländska kollegor.
August 3, 2018, Anne and Sofi took part of the mornings news and talk show Nyhetsmorgon at TV4.
Said about the book
There is plenty of information, but it has also been written with a lot of humour.
Entertaining and important reading.