Kroppen på svenska
Illustrerad lärobok i anatomi för utländsk vårdpersonal
350 organs and body parts
This illustrated reference and exercise book is a must for all healthcare professionals, such as medical doctors, nurses, midwives and physiotherapists, relocating to Sweden. It gives a comprehensive and detailed introduction to body parts in Swedish, as well as information on how they should be pronounced and declinated.
- Learn 350 nouns for body parts, organs and diseases in Swedish.
- Practise their pronunciation with focus on vowel and consonant sounds as well as prosody (stress) with the help of audio files.
- Learn and revise the indefinite and definite forms in the plural and singular.
- Learn the Swedish practice of spelling of medical terms in Greek and Latin.
- Test yourself with detailed blind maps
The book is in Swedish, but thanks to an introduction in English and a simple use format, it is suitable for beginner’s to advanced levels.
Emil is the author of Kroppen på svenska, Läkarsvenska and Patientsvenska.
Interview with the author
What made you write the book Kroppen på svenska?
Health care professionals in Sweden obviously need to know the Swedish words for organs and body parts, so I always practice that with my own students of medical Swedish. But I have noticed that many doctors who already speak Swedish quite well sometimes lack words for the body parts, perhaps thinking that Latin is enough. It’s not, and this is not good for the well-being of the patients.