Hörförståelse och ordkunskap i svenska för utländsk vårdpersonal
Emil Molander & Sofi Tegsveden Deveaux
Authentic interviews with seven patients who talk about their diagnoses and treatments. This course material in medical Swedish suits international doctors and nurses who want to learn practice-related language.
Patientsvenska is a workbook in medical Swedish, for medical professionals learning Swedish, including doctors, nurses and psychologist. The starting level is B2 (CEFR) with progressive difficulty throughout the book. The material comprises:
- Authentic interviews with real patients, giving insight into the type of everyday language non-professionals use to describe their conditions and afflictions.
- Hearing comprehension exercises, including questions on content and dictations. The purpose is to develop understanding of what is being said as well as how it is being said.
- Vocabulary exercises with focus on common words and expressions used to describe symptoms, treatments and the healthcare experience.
- Discussion exercises related to Swedish healthcare culture.
- An introductory pronunciation chapter outlining the difference between spoken and written Swedish.
Patientsvenska is ready to use in classroom teaching or for self studies. The book is complemented with a high number of audio files and an answer key that can be accessed through the website.
Emil Molander and Sofi Tegsveden Deveaux are both teachers in Swedish as a second language. They have written several textbooks in professional Swedish, including Kroppen på svenska, Arkitektsvenska and Räkna på svenska.
<p>Sofi Tegsveden Deveaux</p>
Sofi Tegsveden Deveaux teaches Swedish as a second language since 2008. She is the author and co-author of several books, including Läkarsvenska, Sjukdomssvenska, Läkemedelssvenska and Räkna på svenska.
Etablerad läroboksförfattare i svenska som andraspråk, och erfaren lärare i yrkessvenska. Emil undervisar framförallt i sjukvårdssvenska för utländska läkare och är författare till bland annat Patientsvenska, Läkarsvenska, Journalsvenska, Sjukdomssvenska, Läkemedelssvenska, Energisvenska, Arkitektsvenska och Kroppen på svenska.